Sunday, February 23, 2014

I'm feeling very Olympic

Oh Hi!

I'm back. Coming to you straight from my couch where I am mainlining Olympic coverage (before they take it off the internet) while attempting to run statistics for my thesis.

I cannot get enough Olympic coverage. I have a problem. Speed skating, figure skating, snowboard cross, curling...you name it, I know some random tidbit factoid about scoring, Olympic records, or favourites to win.

People often ask me how I get so involved with these sports I would never otherwise watch. Honestly, it's the spirit of the Olympics that get me. If there were a prize for crying during Olympic montages, I would win. The joy of winning, of being at your peak, of sharing that moment with someone...I can't help it. I cry.

Watching the women's hockey final (wooo gold #4!) at school, we put the game up on the projector in a conference room. One of my supervisors thought I was going to pop a blood vessel, and was concerned about what would happen if we lost. My other supervisor asked us how much time was left after that beautiful goal was scored during overtime. We had to explain sudden death to her.

Needless to say, I'm sad to see the Sochi Games come to an end. However, I need to get back to reality and back to work!

Until Brazil!

No comments:

Post a Comment